SphingoTec and Rivaara Labs Close Exclusive Distribution Agreement for Point of Care Diagnostics in India
- The collaboration focuses on SphingoTec’s near patient diagnostic solution for critical care settings.
- Rivaara Labs gains exclusive rights to market and distribute the Nexus IB10 platform and its rapid tests for innovative biomarkers and commonly used parameters in the Indian subcontinent.
- The Nexus IB10 technology is a “hand-held laboratory” providing fast and reliable diagnostics to support the management of critically ill patients.
Hennigsdorf, Germany and Mumbai, India, March 17, 2022 - The diagnostic company SphingoTec GmbH (SphingoTec) and Rivaara Labs Pvt Ltd. (Rivaara) today announced that they have entered into a multi-year distribution agreement for the commercialization of SphingoTec’s point of care diagnostic solutions in the Indian subcontinent. The Nexus IB10 analyzer and its portfolio of rapid tests allow convenient assessment of biomarkers relevant in critical care conditions such as sepsis, acute kidney injury, cardiogenic shock, acute heart failure, and myocardial infarction.
Under the terms of the agreement, Rivaara will have the exclusive right to market and distribute SphingoTec’s point of care tests for innovative biomarkers in the Indian subcontinent. This includes the biomarkers proenkephalin (penKid) for the assessment of kidney function (1), bioactive adrenomedullin (bio-ADM) for the assessment of endothelial function (2), and dipeptidyl peptidase 3 (DPP3) a biomarker for cardiac depression (3). The innovative markers are complemented by commonly used parameters such as procalcitonin, troponin, D-dimer, NT-proBNP, and TSH. The biomarkers are made available as rapid tests on the Nexus IB10 bedside technology, a fully automated immunoassay point-of-care instrument, which provides accurate test results within only 20 minutes from whole blood samples. The Nexus IB10 analyzer and its test portfolio can be flexibly deployed in a variety of point of care settings, including emergency departments, intensive care units, and laboratories.
Dr. Angelo Moesslang, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of SphingoTec, said, “This distribution agreement is an important step in making our near-patient diagnostics globally available. A point of care solution for acute and critical cases can enable healthcare organizations to maximize diagnostic resources and help clinicians make more informed decisions.”
Mr. Shyamakant Giri, Chief Executive Officer of Rivaara said, “Adding the point of care platform and its rapid tests to our portfolio is increasing the settings in which we facilitate integrated diagnostic testing in the patient-care pathway. Not only are we able to provide well established tests used on a daily basis, but we can also enable access to innovative biomarkers, which address unmet needs in disease areas such as acute kidney injury and sepsis.”
To discover more about the Nexus IB10 and SphingoTec’s portfolio of diagnostic solutions for acute and critical care, please visit www.sphingotec.com. For more information on the Rivaara Labs portfolio, please visit www.rivaaralabs.com
- Beunders et. al. Proenkephalin (PENK) as a Novel Biomarker for Kidney Function, The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine, Volume 2, Issue 3, 1 November 2017, Pages 400–412, doi: doi.org/10.1373/jalm.2017.023598
- Geven et. al. Vascular Effects of Adrenomedullin and the Anti-Adrenomedullin Antibody Adrecizumab in Sepsis, SHOCK: August 2018 - Volume 50 - Issue 2 - p 132-140 doi: 10.1097/SHK.0000000000001103
- Boorsma et. al. Dipeptidyl peptidase 3, a marker of the antagonist pathway of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in patients with heart failure. Eur J Heart Fail. 2021 Jun;23(6):947-953. doi: 10.1002/ejhf.2158.