Nexus IB10 Analyzer The Nexus IB10 is an in-vitro immunology analyzer that quantitatively measures antigens or antibodies in whole blood or plasma samples on a dedicated disc. Using an immunochromatographic assay (ICA) method, the Nexus IB10 measures and analyzes results with a built in sensor.
Automatic testing process allows fast, accurate test results, convenient maintenance and portable analysis.
- Results reported in 20 minutes.
- A convenient user interface requires minimal interaction from the user.
- Use with whole blood or plasma.
- The analyzer centrifugates the whole blood internally, therefore separate centrifugation is not necessary.
- Built in self-test feature minimizes maintenance cost.
- Minimal footprint for optimal space utilization.
- Weighing about 2.4kg, the analyzer is easy to move.
- An optional smart battery pack can be installed for use without a separate power supply.
Consumable Disc The sphingotest® disc combines chemistry with microfluidics can centrifugal flow to rapidly prepare cell free plasma from whole blood that can then be moved through a channel to rehydrate, solubilize and mix with freeze dried immunoconjugates. Using a combination of active flow and capillary action, the test is ready to be quantitatively measured in 20 minutes with an optical signal level proportional to the analyte concentration. After addition of the patient sample, the entire test is performed within the Nexus IB10 analyzer which controls the temperature of the disc, as well as the sequence, duration of measurement, centrifugal flow, mixing, incubation, time, final signal measurement, quantitation and reporting of results. The disc also includes a positive internal control to ensure that the test device has operated properly.
Each lot of discs is calibrated for the specific analytes to be measured to ensure that the lot-to-lot variability in minimized. Lot specific calibration along with additional information such as the lot expiration date is contained on the QR code label affixed to each disc. It is recommended that external controls also be tested at appropriate time intervals to confirm that the reagent lot is performing within acceptable limits.